Sunday, February 16, 2014

2014 Book List

photo source

Here in Wisconsin, we're dealing with a winter that won't quit. Rather than state the obvious and complain about slush, salt and cold temps, let's wrap ourselves up in the positive. Wisconsin winters are the perfect time to reflect, read and warm up with a cup of hot chocolate (or three). Here's a list of books to read in 2014:

Nine to Five Inspirations 
After devouring Lean In, I discovered that this was the first book on career development I've read since hanging up my college graduation gown. Gulp. Let's expand our knowledge on the subject by reading:
Parenthood
I once read that the best parenting advice will come from your friends, family and other new moms. This was from a parenting book, oddly enough. Even if the best tips come from other moms, I loved the philosophy behind Happiest Toddler. I'm looking forward to reading these others:


Good ReadsI've heard nothing but good things about the following five. After watching here on The Daily Show, I'm especially excited about I Am Malala. 
What are you reading these days? Any books that should be added to this list?

1 comment:

  1. The Paris Wife. Kinda depressing at times but I like that era.

    Chelsea Handler has a new on coming out soon that I'm also excited for!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...