Monday, January 20, 2014

On Sucking the Nectar

Sucking the nectar is a modern-day version of the classic motto seize the day. My idea of sucking the nectar is rising with the sun, running until my legs burn, being present with my family and baking something so delicious I consider making a double batch. Another way to spin this: 



It's a tough motto to embrace but worth trying. 

Over the weekend I read interviews from Mindy Kahling, Zooey Deschanel, Allison Williams and Amy Poehler in Elle. I love Amy even more after reading her last response: 

Elle: You've got a lot on your plate! 
AP: By the way, I just want to thank you for not having your first question be "How do you balance it all?" Why not try to do as much as you can? More, more, more, more. That's how I'm feeling right now-really lucky and blessed, and I just want to enjoy my appetite. To some people, not caring is supposed to be cool, commenting is more interesting than doing, and everything is judged and then disposed on in, like, five minutes. I'm not interested in those kinds of people. I like the person who commits and goes all in and takes big swings and than maybe fails or looks stupid; who jumps and falls down, rather than the person who points at the person who fell, and laughs. But I do sometimes laugh when people fall down. 

Fantastic, right? Balance is great but so is going for it and figuring it out along the way. 

January has been a doozey for me and I'm looking forward to rediscovering my appetite for the nectar once again. 

1 comment:

  1. Winter doesn't help with those days of not embracing life fully, and it's an impossible way to live but doesn't mean you shouldn't try. Thanks for this lil ditty.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...